Translate

Thursday, May 26, 2011

How to Save a Life


It makes me sick to my stomach to think that abortion is LEGAL in Canada throughout ALL  nine months of pregnancy.




Did you know that?

Did you know that Canada has had no abortion law since 1988?

So, right up until the day of delivery, a woman can 'choose' to abort her baby. I don't know what you call that -- but I call it crazy. 

                           I call it totally insane.

We have laws to enforce seatbelts, alcohol consumption, heights of fences, emissions from cars, laws to control noise levels, garbage disposal and use of cellular phones. We have laws to protect drug addicts.

But absolutely no laws to protect babies about to be born.

 Isn't that just completely insane?

I am not an academic, a politician, nor a  theologian, but I sure do know something is wrong with a country that doesn't protect babies. Heck, even trees, pets, parks, businesses and the good old fashioned hot dog vendors have hundreds of bylaws to protect them, but not not babies, not in Canada.

Did you know that there are even laws that protect penguins?

Just doesn't make sense if you ask me.

When I discovered that there were 100,000 abortions in Canada each year,  one out of five pregnancies, I came to the conclusion that I should appreciate my mother in a radical way. On a very basic level,  her "yes" gave me my life.

No matter what she does from this point on -- I forgive her. I now really do look at her in an entirely new way. I guess it comes with age, really appreciating your mom for actually giving birth to you.

Can you imagine if your mother decided to abort YOU?

This year on my birthday I gave my mom a bouquet of flowers and said,

"Mom, thanks for the gift of life."

In Canada there are several players working to protect the sacredness of life,

The Sisters of Life, a contemplative active group of Sisters who have taken a vow to protect the sacredness of life,

Campaign Life, a politcal lobbying group,

Lifesite News an online news wire service that keeps folks informed,

Priests for Life Canada inform Catholic clergy about the issues,

 Physicians for Life Canada and

Toronto Right to Life, who is the prolife education arm in our Toronto (GTA) classrooms.


So there are folks working behind the scenes, on the forefront trying to confront this national albatross and to save lives.

But what about the average Canadian?

What are we doing? What are YOU doing? Anything?

If you are, my hats off to you! But, if you are not doing anything,

 I want your attention. I want it now.

For many years, my heart ached to help the cause, but I honestly didn't know what to do.

I wanted to help, but how?

I want to suggest a few ways YOU might help.

Choose one thing and do it!

1.  Pray for the unborn. Pray for the unborn daily.
2.  Participate in Life Chain
3.  Talk openly to your children, co-workers, friends and family about the issue openly.

                          You might save a life.

4.  Write letters to politicians, newspapers, to anyone who will listen.
5.  Start a prolife club
6.  Get this FREE curriculum guide for your child's school
7.  Donate money and get a tax deductable receipt.
8.  Consider giving a Gift Membership to Toronto Right to Life .
9. Spiritually adopt a child for nine months daily pray for the child.
10. Volunteer for the Sisters of Life -- become a Co-worker of Life

Blessed Pope John Paul ll invested in youth, and that's exactly what Toronto Right to Life does. They have a a focus on education. Not just online, but face to face presentations in classrooms. They recently hosted a conference for students.

Since September 2011 TRL has educated 5,896 students and 793 adults.

Now that makes sense.

I am going to ask you to consider something right now.

 I am going to suggest that you become a member of

Toronto Right to Life. 

It's really simple, you can do it online or visa vis Canada Post.

For twenty bucks you will have the satisfaction of knowing that you are doing something! There is no greater deal than that. How about joining right now?

You will know in your heart of hearts, that you are doing something -- because afterall, talk is cheap. Please don't procrastinate, get online right now and become a member.

I promise you will be happy you did. 

As a business person, I was thrilled to learn that both donations and memberships have more than one priviledge.......

I got an income tax deductible receipt! Sweet!

You want to be blown away? Watch this...



"The proof of love is in the works. Where love exists, it works great things. But when it ceases to act, it ceases to exist."   – Pope St. Gregory the Great



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dorothy Pilarski on the Radio!

Dorothy Pilarski on the Radio!
Listen at ANY time!