There was a time when, I was under a lot of pressure as a mom of two young children. My husband traveled often. After reading a magazine article about the importance of pampering yourself... I went out and bought myself a bouquet of flowers....
After putting the groceries away... I remembered that I had forgotten the flowers in the trunk...
So, I got to the trunk of my car... got the flowers... and there was this young mom pushing a stroller coming towards me. I didn't know her... but I heard this voice in my head,
"Give HER the flowers!"
I argued with it -- tried to rationalized it... I stood there as she approached me (I could see her from afar) arguing with myself...
I heard the command several times,
"Give HER the flowers!"
"Give HER the flowers!"
Finally I conceded, I figured, an act of kindness, couldn't be wrong. So, right when she was passing my car...
I handed them to her saying,
"Something just tells me I should give these flowers to you." She was stunned, she burst out crying, she was off work, taking care of her child because she had just miscarried and was trying to destress type thing.
I hugged her.... never saw her again... but I was equally astounded.
Praise God, for the power of the Holy Spirit!

No comments:
Post a Comment