Translate

Sunday, January 5, 2014

Mark Wahlberg - Catholic Hollywood Actor



My husband just showed me this video.

All I can say is WOW! 

Why pray when you are a successful Hollywood actor? 

Is being Catholic relevant in today's world? 




Is there supernatural power in the sacramental life?

Can a priest make a hugely positive difference in one person's life? You have to watch this! 



Please do share it with your friends!
Looking to stay motivated?
Watch it again and again! 




Here is a picture of his family too!





“My faith has really allowed me to overcome a lot of things — and hard work. You know, nothing comes easy…especially when you’ve got your back against the wall and you’ve got a lot going against you,” he told Morgan.
“But I wanted to prove to people through my actions — not my words — that I was going to change and that I was going to make a positive impact on the community that I come from,” Wahlberg continued, as he delved into the activities he participates in to help those in need. ”I could not forget about where I came from and find myself in this position without helping and giving back.”
I definitely go to church every day,” he said. “That’s how I start my day. I like to get in there for about 15 or 20 minutes — say my prayers.”
“I pray to be a good servant to God, a father, a husband, a son, a friend, a brother and uncle, a good neighbor, a good leader to those who look up to me and a good follower to those that are serving God and doing the right thing,” 

For a great article CLICK  HERE.

4 comments:

Domenic Marando said...

Hey Dorothy, a wonderful post and certainly a welcome addition to the virtual world, letting people know that there are Catholic actors whose faith is not compartmented into some corner, when they go to work.

Hollywood needs more good men like Wahlberg! I hope his life example will encourage other Catholic actors to allow their faith to guide them.

Bravo for the post.

Pax.

Anonymous said...

That's a great video of Mark Wahlberg.Check this very inspirational one with Jim Caviezel (Passion of the Christ).http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0A6zyN37uw

Anonymous said...

local tv news wcco on 7/8 had a gushing report on the shriners and masons I think because of parades etc. around the 4th. report mentioned 3 famous people that were masons, 2 of which were charlton heston and john wayne. my wife says they were both catholic and for sure not masons. plse clear this up. kenekraft@gmail.com

Anonymous said...

Wahlberg's Catholicism is suspect. He delivers expletive filled speeches to his Hellywood cronies.

Post a Comment

Dorothy Pilarski on the Radio!

Dorothy Pilarski on the Radio!
Listen at ANY time!