I must admit, since my mother's passing, I have been stretched on a number of levels. I have not hosted my Mother's Group since her passing. Even though I have hosted it for about 17-18 years, I couldn't muster the strength or enthusiasm to host it again.
I kept thinking, maybe the passing of my mom, would coincide with the end of my Mother's Group. In a peculiar way, almost to honour her passing.
But, smack in the middle my heart the notion of hosting Mother's Group kept coming to the surface. It kept brewing, and then for 101 different reasons I would procrastinate hosting it.
On more than one occasion, the Holy Spirit prompted me to host it again,
but then some form of discouragement or exhaustion attached itself into my soul and I would fight off any holy inspirations.
Then something happened.
By the grace of God, a day or so ago,
I found out that Moira Noonan, author of;
The New Age, Christian Faith and the Battle for Souls,
was going to be in Toronto from California.
Well, I ended up having dinner with Moira and a bunch of people on Saturday.
The Holy Spirit started a great work in me!
I couldn't help but wonder,
Would she speak to our Mother's Group while she's here?
Moira's book had an important impact on my faith journey a number of years ago. In fact, I wrote about a talk she gave in my book, Motherhood Matters. Look on page 118 in my book! Now, here she was right in front of me. I have heard her speak to audiences of well over 500 people.
Guess what happened?
I was in the office today.
Guess who walks in?
Moira Noonan!
I was still resisting the promptings of the Holy Spirit --
who was strongly suggesting I ask her to speak at my Mother's Group.
Then a small still voice reminded me that this Thursday is the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe.
Well, before my mom passed away, she asked my sister and I to propagate the devotion to Our Lady of Guadalupe, Padre Pio and the Divine Mercy Chaplet.
So, we started chatting, and I asked her about the possibility of giving a short talk at Mother's Group this Thursday.
"On the Feast of Our Lady of Guadalupe? Yes, I am available!"
She then put about 25 small pictures of Our Lady of Guadalupe into my hands. Almost as if to seal the agreement.
How in the world can I resist THAT? 
I am calling this my Mother's Group Miracle.
Only a a series of events orchestrated by some supernatural force could have put my Mother's Group back on the map, a miracle.
Something bigger than me, grabbed me, pulled me out of my doldrums and commanded me to act despite all of my natural inclinations.
Can you say a little prayer for our meeting?
I have to do a lot to get ready! Please keep me in your prayers.
This is my first Christmas without my mom, and I am nervous about it.
Did you see my piece in the Catholic Register?
No comments:
Post a Comment