Translate

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Motherly Musings - Mama Sending Love from Heaven

Today Tuesday, March 25th 2014 is a remarkable day in the liturgical calendar. I want to bring you back with me in time, to something that happened a year ago to the day.

My mom was in her last days. 

I spent dozens of hours by her bedside. 

Every day, wondering if it were her last, I was  taken into a mystical supernatural realm. At times it was edifying, at times exhausting, living on the edge of death, waiting for death to happen, really is a sacred passage of time. 

At times, just to cope, I would hold on to my cell phone, checking in with reality. Checking in with the here and now.

On this day, last year, as I sat by her bedside, I scrolled through my Facebook newsfeed, on my Samsung and stumbled upon this image. My Facebook friends did a good job of reminding me of the 

 Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord




I was startled into reflecting on two realities, the Annunciation and my mom's imminent death. 

Praying the rosary with those two realities juxtaposed in my mind and heart was a peculiar spiritual experience, peculiar but somehow consoling.

I was wondering, is mom going to pass away today, of all days?

I was having to learn to let go, and say my own personal, "Yes" as was my mom. A difficult "yes" to God's will.

She was weak, mom was also in a fair bit of pain. 

She was in her final days.

I was constantly looking for things that might bring a smile to her face. She couldn't leave her bed at this point. So, I took my Samsung and put it in front of her face. And she gazed at this image and immediately her face soften, away from the grimacing pain. 

Firstly, she expressed a delightful gratitude that she was given the gift of another day. She relished in the fact that she was alive to celebrate yet one more time, probably the last time, here on earth the Solemnity of the Annunciation of the Lord. She expressed so much love for Our Lady. It was so beautiful.

She kissed the image on my Samsung, she stroked it, her eyes filled with joyful tears as she started to reminisce about the reality of miracles. 

"We often miss miracles, so many of them surround us, yet we don't acknowledge them, or don't even see them." 

I would have to go back to my notes, to share all she shared --  with my sister in her final days.

But, but get a load of this:

Today, Tuesday March 25th, 2014, unbeknownst to me, I agreed to do a radio interview, an interview to promote the Dynamic Women of Faith Conference, I am hosting on April 12th.

I had no idea when I agreed to the interview that Providence had scheduled it on the Solemnity of the Annunciation of Our Lord -- 

And, guess what?

The interview was not just at ANY radio station, it was on my mother's favourite radio station. In the five years I have hosted the Dynamic Women of Faith conference, I have never been invited to that particular station for a radio interview. 

It was a program that she listened to DAILY for YEARS. 

She supported it, out of her widow's pension, she loved listening to every word that came out of that little radio station.

Do you know what else? I just got some incredible news from Cardinal Collins' office. I have no doubt that my mom is interceding before the thrown of God and making certain things just happen.

My mama is sending me love from heaven!






2 comments:

cath said...

wow .... the goosebumps on my arms and legs, and smile on my face, and in my heart .. are thanks to you and your beloved mama ... she's still doing HIS work .. loud and proud, from above :) God bless you both ..

Blog Admin said...

cath Thank you so very much for taking the time to read this. It means a lot - as does your reaction. Funny thing is I even ended up doing the interview in Polish. I never do radio interviews in Polish. I told them ahead of time, my Polish was not good enough for that. But somehow the Holy Spirit, did what He had to do -- And it was all done in Polish! Again, thank you for reading it.

Post a Comment

Dorothy Pilarski on the Radio!

Dorothy Pilarski on the Radio!
Listen at ANY time!