Translate

Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Motherly Musing: Flowers from Heaven

Today is my mom's birthday. 

Your mother's birthday is am important day. Right?
I want to celebrate with her, but there is one problem, she is in heaven. But, do you know what? I am not going to let THAT get in my way! I am still going to celebrate her birth, her life and her death! 


Step One:  I just finished watching this birthday video, celebrating her life. My eyes are filled up with tears after watching it. 
                        It really is so BEAUTIFUL
My Mama, by the grace of God, knew how to make life beautiful, despite the the difficult circumstances that only life can bring. Through a sacramental life, prayer and yes, lot's of sacrifice, 

Mama always celebrated the silver lining!

I dedicated my book, Motherhood Matters to her. There was something remarkable about life with her, and I want to share that with you! Go ahead and watch the video too! I promise you will be touched.
Watch it by CLICKING RIGHT HERE   

My Mama loved daisies - they were her favourite flower.

Step two:  I will buy some and put them on the kitchen table. I think I will light a candle and suggest that our family pray the rosary or Divine Mercy Chaplet in her intention. 

                      My Mama, would love that.



Step three: I am going to make sure I get to mass today, not only to pray for the repose of her soul, but to give thanks for not only her, but the relationship we had. It wasn't perfect, it was human, but divine at the same time.

There has always been this powerful, yet delicate invisible ribbon, keeping her heart and mine, mystically intertwined. 

That love, that never ending ribbon, that reaches to the galaxies and beyond, often manifests a perfect and divine bow, right in the middle of my here and now. My Mama is still making her presence known, and I love it. It is so very clear, my Mama still loves me, and she doesn't want me to forget what  she has taught me. 

 How has my Mama, made her presence known? 
              In hundreds of ways, but here are just a few....


I host the an annual Dynamic Women of Faith conference. 
In 2014, I invited Lisa Hendey, to be the keynote speaker. 
As Providence would have it, the only date that she was available to speak, was April 12, 2014

That very day was the first....
      anniversary of my mom's passing. 

After much prayer and discernment, my sister and I decided that, of course, "Yes!" Only Mama could plan it that way."


During her talk, at the conference, Saints, Companions for Your Heart, Mind, Body and Soul, Lisa mentioned that one of her favourite saints was Saint Therese of the Little Flower. She said that  she often looks for the possibility of St. Therese's intercession or presence. When Lisa learned that mom's name was Teresa and that she was name after St. Therese, it brought a huge smile to her face.

When Lisa mentioned this smack in the middle of her talk - It caught me completely off guard. I had no idea!  I ended up joining her at the podium, and we all prayed in unison for the repose of my mom's soul. It was such a tender moment. I will never forget it.


In her own way, my mom has been sending me 
     many Radio Signals! 
On the Feast of the Annunciation, I had a remarkable treat. Read about that by CLICKING HERE. 

Shortly before the Dynamic Women of Faith conference, I got a spot on a radio program, because another guest had cancelled. Guess who the patron saint of that program is? Yup. St. Therese of the Little Flower. The program is called, A Walk on the Little Way!

Honestly, I almost fell off my chair when Father Bill Trusz introduced the program that day! You can listen to that interview by CLICKING HERE    The interview went so well that right after the program, Father Trusz invited me back for a second program in May to talk about, Mary, the Mother of God, Motherhood and the month of May!

If you would like to listen to that interview, you can do that too! CLICK HERE 


Earlier this month, someone got me a mass card for my birthday. Guess what day, the mass is being celebrated?

Unbeknownst my friend, Catharine Bone, the mass 'just happened' to be scheduled on my mother's birthday! 

So, today's mass, will indeed be a special one!







No comments:

Post a Comment

Dorothy Pilarski on the Radio!

Dorothy Pilarski on the Radio!
Listen at ANY time!