I would love to speak at your next conference, workshop retreat or event!
This morning I got an e-card from the principal at Christ the King Catholic school, thanking me for a talk I gave at a mother daughter tea.
It was such a delightful surprise, because in reality, I should be thanking her!
Julie has invited me to speak more than once. I am always amazed at her keen eye for detail, her thoughtfulness and her desire to fortify the relationship between mother's and their daughters.
Her events always have a magnificently warm touch.
Both parents and children rally around her. She is a faith filled visionary always rising to the occasion to meet the needs of the students and any school she works in.
We often hear negative things about the Catholic school system, about the lack of Catholicity etc. I think often we throw out the baby with the bath water. We forget that there are loyal servants, reaching out in our respective communities to bring the gospel to folks who would have otherwise not heard it.
Julie had a special gift for each mom and daughter.
In that little gift was a prayer. She also coaxed the school photographer to take mother daughter photographs.
Julie took note that I was giving out Miraculous Medals to moms and daughters who approached me after my talk, saying:
"My mom had me wearing that medal, when I was a little girl."
I have no doubt that those graces, the graces one gets from wearing the Miraculous Medal shine through not only her person, but her work as well.
Julie said that just a few days earlier her mom had called from Ottawa. Her dad was ill and needed tender loving care. Julie dropped all her responsibilities and left for Ottawa.
I was so touched when she said,
"When mom calls, YOU GO!"
No questions asked, was her underlying conviction.
I am so blessed to meet so many wonderful people as a part of my work.
Thank YOU Julie, for you commitment to Catholic education!
Thank you for your hard work!
If you are interested in having me come out to your school or conference, I would love to hear from you! Visit this link to find out more! CLICK HERE
"I didn’t think it would be possible to captivate 100 mothers and daughters of all different ages, but Dorothy did it with style! Her enthusiasm and joie de vivre was contagious. One minute we were all crying and the next we were laughing. What a great night! Thanks Dorothy.
Julie Aube, Vice-Principal, Our Lady of Sorrows Elementary School, Toronto
Expect the Unexpected. Exploring what it means to be a gutsy catholic, writer, entrepreneur, mom and wife. Discovering God's Will one day at a time! Invoking the Holy Spirit,every step of the way....

No comments:
Post a Comment