Translate

Tuesday, May 12, 2015

Bitter Sweet Mother's Day with Mama in Heaven



This past Mother's Day was my third Mother's Day with my mom in heaven.

I really miss her.

The more I look back, the more I realize how gifted I was to have a mom with such strong religious convictions and with a very concrete strong spirituality. 

My mom did not need the feminist movement, she was lead by the Holy Spirit - which of course is much stronger than any movement.
At 13 years old, my mom had her house demolished by the bombing of Warsaw, Poland in World War 11 - Marian priests pulled her and her family out of the rubble. 

My mom knew what suffering meant, she knew that united with Christs suffering - no suffering was wasted.

My mom continued to evangelized with her last breath. She could never relate to anyone who thought their motherly duties were over because their children were adults.

To my mom, mothering was FOREVER.

I know she is still mothering me now from heaven. 

There is no greater gift than a mother who makes it HER life's priority to serve her family and pass down the Catholic Faith.

Someone, make me promise that I will write another short book about the last two weeks of her life, where she evangelized again, until her VERY last breath.


I love you Mama! I love you forever!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Dorothy Pilarski on the Radio!

Dorothy Pilarski on the Radio!
Listen at ANY time!