Last night, I had a dream that I was at a Mothers Group meeting, or some type of forum, and the priest announced that there would be a special guest.
And to my surprise, who walks in? Radiant and joyful with an absolutely glorious smile on her face?
My mom !!!! I was sooooooo very very happy, my heart leapt with joy!
It was such a gift seeing her again! I ran to her... and started telling her about the mothers ministry.... and all that has happened since she passed away....
She just kept smiling and nodding her head letting me know she received each word I said, I couldn't stop talking, because it was so long since I had seen her and I was just soooo happy!
Her presence enveloped me.
Some wicked force tried to wipe out all the graces of that encounter, as if a
gust of wind tried to blacken my soul. I was determined with all of my might to fight that force. I was not going to let ANYTHING take those graces or the joy of my moms presence away. I managed to overcome it - but when I finished the fight, my mom was no longer there...
But nobody can take away the graces, love and the joy that I experienced this glorious evening. As I prepare to read today's reading. I realize, today is the Memorial of Saint Thérèse of the Child Jesus, Virgin and Doctor of the Church. My mom was named after her... We always celebrated it by acknowledging my mom in some special way...
How precious that I had an encounter with my mom on the evening of her special saints feast day !!! OK, I am doing my best to wipe away the tears !!!! My heart is bursting with a bittersweet JOY !!! I miss my Mama! Now I wish I hadn't TALKED so much!
Maybe SHE had something to say! LOL
What a heavenly gift!
Well now, the story gets even a little better. As some of my readers know, we are working with the Archdiocese of Toronto on a pilot project that includes starting Mothers Groups at several parishes. Well, this morning I was exchanging emails with one of the Mothers Group Leaders. I suggested we kick off the Mothers Group with a DVD on
friendship, She says, "I think I will pick up a yellow rose, for each mom coming tonight. Yellow is a sign of friendship!" For some reason, I don't think this Mothers Group Leader remembers that today is the the Memorial of Saint Therese of the Child Jesus. I am not sure she is aware of St. Therese's promise to send showers of roses to mark her presence!
Today, my friends, is a day, filled to the brim with grace! I just can't wait for Mothers Group tonight! My heart has already soared to heaven and back!
Oh, and here is a photo on my birthday, my last birthday with my Mama. The roses? Given to me by a good friend Catharine!


1 comment:
Wow! Great story!
Post a Comment