This post is for all those who have launched a 'money attack' on the Catholic Church, or for all of those that have complained that too many homilies ask for money.
Why don't we take target our
'money attack' elsewhere?
Why just the Catholic Church? Is there something I am missing? From what I have seen, the average Catholic family, throws in five bucks or a couple of loonies into the collection plate on Sundays, heck the average family movies night costs about $100. Going to mass, really is cheap in comparison and the benefits are divine. There are so many things that we buy that are grossly overpriced -- and we RARELY launch the 'money attack' in,fact we are PROUD that we can afford the THING.
Think about, Micheal Kors, the American fashion designer has a net worth of ONE BILLION dollars. Where do you think he gets his money from? I took a look at his website and I could not believe the prices. Are these boots really worth a thousand dollars? Wouldn't it make more sense for someone to buy a $50 pair of boots and give the difference ($950) to feed the poor?
Oh, in case you are more into being 'edgy' or want an 'unexpected mix that can't be tamed' (from the official MK website) you might want these $995 pink pumps! Who do you think is paying for Michael Kors' or paying for his lifestyle?
Recently, a friend of mine told me she TREATED herself to a Michael Kors purse, because she was working hard and she felt she deserved it. I didn't have the heart, but in my mind, I really thought she was selling herself short. I couldn't help but wonder,
"Do you really need that purse or boots with the famous MK logo to feel good about yourself?"
I couldn't help but think of all the GOOD that could have been done with that money! I don't know how much it costs to actually manufacture those purses or boots, something tells me, someone is making a pretty penny!
Oh, and then there is Celine Dionne's home in Florida, up on the market for a mere 72.5 million dollars. Do we criticize her, every time she bellows out a song (for her riches)? Why is it that we jump all over the Catholic churh for just about anything, but don't think twice about other organizations through that same lens? Have you heard of Joel Osteen's recent move?
All, I am saying here folks, is THINK !!! THINK !!! THINK !!!
****If you have enjoyed this post even just a LITTLE bit CLICK HERE and you will love the infographic.
It really is worth CLICKING HERE and looking at it.

1 comment:
Post a Comment