I may be aging myself, but my sister grew up listening to Glen Campbell, and as her younger sister, I listened along. Both he and his music were gentle, no edges. Honestly, I was surprised today to find out exactly how successful he was.
I was saddened to hear about his journey with Alzheimer's but edified to listen his wife describe the journey. You can listen to Kim Campbell talk about the journey on Fox news, by clicking HERE
The aides and nurses say he must have been a godly man because they always see him thanking the Lord. I’ve seen him walk over to the window and lift up his hands and say, “Thank you, heavenly Father.”
I hope to have the opportunity to see the new documentary out about Glen Campbell's journey with Alzheimer's.
It's called, Glen Campbell: I will be me
Janet Morana, the executive director of Priests for Life and co-founder of the Silent No More Awareness Campaign
writes a thought provoking piece taking a candid look at the the choice Brittany Maynard in stark contrast to the choice the Glen Campbell and his family have made.
Read more: http://www.ncregister.com/blog/JMorana/glen-campbell-and-brittany-maynard-face-their-mortality-very-differently#ixzz3HUrQG1fh
Both of their life situations are sad, but one response brings me a tremendous amount of sorrow; the other an edifying joy.
I would love to hear your thoughts! As a wife, a spouse, what's your take. What decision would you want your loved one to make in the midst of their tragedy?
I sincerely hope and pray that my life is surrounded by the Glen Campbell's of this world, in my mind, their response is heroic!
Wednesday, October 29th 2014
UPDATE on Brittany! She wants to LIVE!
Read this! CLICK HERE

No comments:
Post a Comment